Friday, August 14, 2009

Cleaning House

And not in the literal sense! I am cleaning house by going through my list of followers and the blogs that I follow. The ones that are not following me will no longer be graced with my presence as a follower. It is a tough job but someone has got to do it.

There are a few that do not follow me, but I will continue simply because I love what they write about. Not the typical "day in the life of a mother and her children" topics. Their writing has humor that allows me to escape from my reality for a brief moment. Don't get me wrong, I love to read about those "day in the life of a mother and her children" topics, but I also like a change.

A change is exactly what I am doing because I slowly started to realize that I am following a ton of blogs that are mainly blogging because of PR and hosting giveaways and every now and then will write something about their life. Sorry folks, that just doesn't interest me!

So, today is being spent by cleaning house and man is there a LOT of cleaning to be done. What, I have 89 followers, whom I <3, and am following roughly 300 blogs. YIKES!

If you don't hear from me by Monday, send in search and rescue! :)

3 comments:

KarieK said...

I am with you there sister!! I think I need to do the same thing...I hate clutter!

Heliotropism said...

So.Do.I!!! LOL

Angela said...

Holy following batman! I'm new to the following business and I just put the following button up last month because I realized on my dashboard that there were followers. It's been kind of fun. Good luck cleaning house...my computer is too slow for such an undertaking. Actually...it's at the geek squad and I'm hijacking my husbands. :)

Quote of the Day