Saturday, June 20, 2009

A Gift From the Aunt...

This gift could not have come at a better time. Let me tell you why...

My son is A.D.D.I.C.T.E.D. to the movie Robots, which is fine if you are not the person having to watch it over and over every.single.day! He started this addiction about three weeks ago. I was in his room going through all of our kid friendly DVDs and he happened to pick this one up. He said, "dis," meaning this - as in tell me what this is. I replied telling him that the DVD was Robots. He immediately said, "bobots," and ran into the living room, opened the DVD player (not sure how he figured that one out as we rarely watch television yet alone a movie when he is awake!), opened the DVD case, and put the DVD in, turned, looked at me, and said, "on" while holding the remote control. He wanted me to turn to the television on for him. 

Fast-forward three weeks later, every day he has run to the television, either when he wakes up or we get home, and says, "on!" When we pick him up from daycare the entire car ride home he is talking about "bobots." While this is cute - in the short-term - it has gotten to be somewhat boring and tiresome. My husband and I can recite the entire movie, which is a change from our days of reciting Super Troopers, LOL! 

Back to the gift, the other night we came home and there was a package at our front door. Anthony immediately thought it was for him as he does with EVERY package that is delivered. Well, he was right, the package was for him. Inside was several things, such as some homemade picture frames with beautiful pictures in them... and, a collectors toy from Brookstone that just so happens to look like a robot and winds up to play music. Well, Anthony's eyes lit up like it was Christmas morning or something when he saw that "bobot." They have been attached at the hip since it arrived (literally, this thing has taken baths with my son - sure hope it doesn't rust). He is in love! 

Here are some pics of the goodies...




1 comments:

GypsyFox said...

awww what neat gifts I love those frames! My daughter was obssesed with the movie Annie she watched it 24/7! hehehe she carried around her rageddy ann doll & called her annie! (which was true) lol

Quote of the Day