Thursday, June 11, 2009

Productive...

Productive is how I feel. In just a short amount of time, 2 hours to be exact, I accomplished several things. First, I made dinner, which was yummy pizza for my son and I . Second, I baked these delicious banana chocolate chip muffins (recipe to follow). Third, packed my son's lunch and my lunch for tomorrow. Fourth, read, played, bathed, and put my son to bed. And, now, fifth, I am getting ready to go workout. I deserve a nice pat on the back... but will settle for a delicious glass of wine!

Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins
Ingredients
  • 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
  • 2/3 cup sugar
  • 2 tablespoons ground flax seed
  • 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
  • 1 cup mashed ripe bananas (about 2 large)
  • 1 large egg
  • 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
  • 1/4 cup milk
  • 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
  • 3/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips

  • Preparation

    Preheat oven to 350°F. Line twelve 1/3-cup muffin cups with foil muffin liners. Mix flour, sugar, flax seed, baking powder, salt and cinnamon in large bowl. Mix mashed bananas, egg, melted butter, milk and vanilla extract in medium bowl. Stir banana mixture into dry ingredients just until blended (do not overmix). Stir in chocolate chips.

    Divide batter among prepared muffin cups, filling each about 3/4 full. Bake muffins until tops are pale golden and tester inserted into center comes out with some melted chocolate attached but no crumbs, about 32 minutes. Transfer muffins to rack; cool.

    I used a large muffin pan so it only made six healthy sized muffins, but if you used a small it might make 24 and for medium size muffin pan it might make 12. Make them, and let me know what you think.

    0 comments:

    Quote of the Day